- Where can I check what my Mandatory Continuing Education Requirements are?
- Visit the American Institute of Architects' web site to see when your LUs are due.
- Am I going to complete the course through Architect-Forum or the course provider?
online courses will be completed through the Architect-Forum eLearning
System except for course links located in our Provider Links Page, In-Person programs will be scheduled by the designer through the
- How can I get a printable version of the program?
- Before completing the course: If you want a pdf version of the course you can access from within the course or from the course test instructions.
- After completing the course: First login to our web site, after logging in go to "My Courses" located on the left hand side of the page. Find the course you are looking for, you will see course completed next to the "Go to course" link. Click on the link "Go to course" and on the following page scroll down and click on the "Offline Study Download PDF" button.
- Are all courses free?
- All of our courses are offered for free due to the generosity of the sponsoring manufacturers.
- What do the manufacturers get out of designers taking their courses?
manufacturers get to teach the designer about their product technology
and provide them with a FREE learning unit. The idea is to help build
brand recognition among the design community in hopes that the designer
will want to specify their product in their projects.
- What is your privacy?
- Architect-Forum does not make your information available to third parties. Your information is secure and only accessed by Architect-Forum's admin and the course sponsors. The information collected is used in the same manner as the information collected at a Lunch and Learn seminar, all information is used to keep record and to report credits on behalf of AIA members. Both A-F and the course sponsors use your information such as contact information for demographic studies and verification purposes. If you feel that your information or your privacy were violated please contact us and we will immediately remove your information from our system.
- Are videos and product specifications FREE on this web site?
everything on our web site is offered for FREE to the design
professional. The purpose of our web site is to help manufacturers
promote their product technology.
- If I sign up to receive the Architect-Forum newsletter will I receive emails from others companies?
we do not sell your information or share it with other companies. We
value and protect your privacy. Our main focus is to help guide the
designer to courses where they can learn about product technology. We
are the missing link between architects and manufacturers.
- If I need a Certificate of Completion do I contact Architect-Forum or the course provider?
online programs completed through Architect-Forum with a 80% or higher,
you can print your certificate of completion upon completion or from
your A-F transcript.
- For In-Person programs scheduled outside of
our web site you will need to contact the product manufacturer. Just
make sure and provide your full name, AIA number if available, course
title and course number.
- Will the provider file the credits on my behalf?
any online program on this site where Architect-Forum is the course
provider we will process the credits to the AIA on behalf of the
- For In-Person check with the course provider, most providers will at least process AIA credits on your behalf.
- Do I Have to be an AIA Member to take the courses?
- You do not have to be an AIA to take any of the courses. Courses are free to all design professionals.
you are not an AIA member all you need as proof of completion is
the AIA Certificate of Completion, which you can access at any time
through your Architect-Forum Transcript.
- Are the courses all AIA registered? If so will other organizations accept AIA learning units?
all of our courses are to AIA registered courses. Most organizations
accept AIA learning units. You should still check before you complete a
- Do I need to create an account to take a course?
A-F account is required in order to access any of our free online
programs. Please make sure complete the new member sign up form and make
sure to keep it up to date in order for credits to get processed
- How do I know which courses I have completed?
- There are three ways you can tell apart completed from not completed courses.
is by looking at the course title in the eLearning System course
catalogue. All completed courses will be labeled as completed; the
course title will be grayed out.
- The second way to know if you
have completed courses is by checking your Architect-Forum transcript
all completed courses will be listed there and you will be able to print
your certificate of completion.
- The third and final way to tell
completed courses from not completed courses is by clicking on the My Courses link. This is the place where all courses you have subscribed to
and have completed are listed. All completed courses will be labeled as
completed and the title will be grayed out.
- Can I unsubscribe from a course?
can unsubscribe from courses you have not completed at any time.
Easiest way to unsubscribe from a courses is to visit the student home
and click on the unsubscribe link.
- What do I do if I completed a course and it does not show up in my transcript?
- Normally the course will not show up if you have used the search function after starting the test.
reason why it might not show in your transcript is if you restarted the
course after passing the test. When you see the test passing grade exit
the course by using the EXIT link located above the course on the upper
left hand side.Then check your transcript.
- If you still do not
see the course on your transcript please email
firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your user name, password and
contact information along with the course in question. We will look at
our data base and make the adjustment.